Monday 11 October 2010

Ron. Manchester Airport


Hi, my name is Ron. I live very close to Manchester Airport and when I get the time I like to watch the aircraft arriving and leaving.
I have watched them for almost 15 years and have never seen anything out of the ordinary - until now!
At 2.15pm, on Wednesday the 18th November. I looked through my window and observed what I thought was a large passenger jet getting lined up to land at the airport. When to my astonishment I saw that the aircraft had no wings!
I grabbed my binoculars and could clearly see that it was no ordinary aircraft.
It was a dull grey colour with no markings, shaped like a cylinder, with a completely flat front and rear, a bit like a missile but without the pointed front and fins.
It was so clear that I could see that the object didn’t appear to have any joins or doors. I estimated its size to be that of a jumbo jet without the frontal bulge. It was travelling very slowly in the direction of Stockport. When suddenly, it accelerated very quickly, turned and shot-off towards the Manchester City area.
It soon went out of sight and it as left me shocked and stunned, as I cannot imagine what type of aircraft could fly without wings!
I was also aware that it appeared to be silent in operation, as believe me the noise we get in this area from jet aircraft is deafening!
 
 (Ron Warner, Age: 32. Maintenance Fitter).

No comments:

Post a Comment