Monday 11 October 2010

Lower Ince, Wigan

As it was quite a nice day, I decided to go for a cycle ride on some spare land in an area known locally as “The Trenchy”.

Stopping for a rest, I noticed a large object weaving in and out of light cloud.

The object was performing amazing acrobatics and its speed was phenomenal.

It was shaped like a giant cylinder, very dull in colour and approximately 300ft in length.

When I first sighted the object, it was spinning around and around and diving up and down. After a minute or so, it levelled out and flew at a tremendous speed in a sideways manner towards the Winter Hill transmitter tower. As it approached the tower it then banked until it was almost vertical, it then shot back to its original position.

It carried out similar acrobatics for a few moments, then it moved away at high speed due north from my position. I stayed in the area for a further 20 minutes but it didn’t return.

I estimate its height from the ground, to have been at around 1500ft.

From its first position it reached Winter Hill in few seconds. A distance of (at least) 6 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment